Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Blue Monday


My work decided to publish an article on our employee homepage entitled “Blue Monday” which explained how yesterday has been deemed the most depressing day of the year. Per the article, a psychologist found that due to debt, the weather, and the time since the holidays this particular Monday is the worst. After reading the article, I couldn’t help but laugh; for one, it seemed like a funny article to publish at a workplace (I guess it did give some ideas on how to fix the Monday blues). In addition, it was especially funny since yesterday was also MLK day and we were all stuck working. Fortunately though, Blue Monday wasn’t so bad for me.

In fact, this whole year has gotten off to a great start. Dylan and I spent the New Year in Utah with Dylan’s family. Like I mentioned before, his parents had rented a cabin for everyone to gather in for the weekend. Then we extended our time and stayed with one of Dylan’s brothers and his family. It was such a relaxing trip. We played tons of games, enjoyed the mountainous view from a Jacuzzi, and learned some family recipes. We also had our family gift exchange of handmade gifts. This year Dylan and I got these cute handmade mittens. We each got a pair, but then our sister-in-law made a special mitten that allows Dylan and me to hold hands and still stay warm. Such a great idea!

After thawing out from our Utah trip, we were back to work as usual in Arizona. My family started a health challenge for the New Year, so we are trying to keep up on that. Dylan’s new school semester starts today, and my YTT classes will resume next week. Overall, it been a great year so far and “Blue Monday” doesn’t have anything on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment