Saturday, April 13, 2013

General Conference

 
So its a little late, but reviewing all the talks of the 183rd Annual General Conference of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints  for this post was great. I was reminded of the all the uplifting words I heard last weekend. 
 
General Conference has grown in meaning to me the last couple of times I have watched it. However, before this session, I was seeing a lot of Facebook memes of people begging for Conference to occur more often, even once a month. I was a little confused; like I said the last few times had been held more meaning, but I was not so sure I was ready for a once a month General Conference. Every six months seemed like enough for "church in pajamas" since it does dwindle away a Saturday and Sunday pretty quickly. Every month? Seemed liked a lot of time in front of a TV.
 
I just didn't get it.
 
That was until I heard this:
 
And this:
And this:
 
And this

 
and this too:
 
 
 Finally it started making sense why people would want to watch conference once a month. Have you ever heard to a song, and it just fits perfectly with how your doing and feeling and it says just what you need to hear? Conference is that (eight hour) song.
But don't take my word, watch it yourself here

No comments:

Post a Comment