Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I'll Virtually See You In A Week!

Your space for the show was so cute! I love the "Love" sign with the heart and the cute little burlap flowers. Bailee´s skirt is amazing too. Did you find that at a thrift store or make it? So adorable, send me one too:)

I am glad that things went so well for this show. Your little black and white boxes show how much Heavenly Father cares about us, not just spiritually but in every facet of our lives. Like it says in Mosiah 2:41 those who keep the commandments are blessed in all things both temporary and spiritual. I think that that is an awesome promise that we have, and your success is just a fulfillment of that promise. Perhaps if the show hadn't gone so well, I could be accompanying you guys next summer for the beach house, but I guess that's just how things are going to be. Enjoy your time there. I hope to see lots of photos. 

This week was difficult. We had a hard time finding people home in the afternoon and then when it was about eight o´clock we would enter a house and they would talk and talk until 9:45 when we had to leave to go to our apartment. We got to know some of the families better, and that is great that they trust us and are open. However, we didnt get to visit the majority  of our families that we normally do. It made the week hard, seeing as we planned everyday to visit several people and then in the end only get to talk to one or two families. We are majorly tied to the spiritual development of the people here in our sector, and that's a great responsiblity. When we do get to visit many of the investigators or less actives or members, I worry about them. I know what we share is important and always want to work with as many people as possible.  It seems like there is always a disappointing week in every transfer, but that doesnt make them any more fun or bearable. By the time this past Sunday rolled around I was just ready to start a new week with a clean slate. 

Three investigators came to church. A and F,  who always come,  and then a friend of C. C is a 12 year youth that we have activated (still not his family, but we are working on it!). He recieved the Aaronic priesthood 5 or 6 weeks ago and invited one of his neighbor friends to come to church. J is only nine, but said that he really enjoyed primary. Sacrament meeting was boring for him, but I think most nine year olds have a hard time in that meeting. Hopefuly, we can have a lesson with him and his grandparents this week, and invite all of them to come to church. 

The V family didnt come and is having more struggles again, so we will see how we can help them tomorrow. We go to ward council about every week, and the leaders have said that they are going to go and visit them. I hope they do. They need some advice, that as missionaries we cant give (about budgeting and stuff like that). 

Tonight we are having family home evening with a member family and bringing two of our investigator families. I am super excited for it, and I hope that it will be a good way to start off the week. We are trying to increase our lessons to investigators with a member present and have created a calendar where the relief society can sign up to work with us for a few hour each day. The first week, nobody signed up to go with us, but they did fill out the spaces to have an FHE with us in the month of May. This past week, we have two sisters who signed up to work with us in the mornings. I hope that they have good experiences and can share with the other members so that EVERYBODY wants to work with us. Hahaha. 

Thats about it for this week. I have a lot of hope for this coming week. I think it is going to be awesome. As a zone we are going to sing the EFY melody of As Sisters in Zion and Army of Helaman for a zone conference in about two weeks. It is going to be for all the missionaries in Arica and Iquique (we get to travel!), the mission president, and a member of the 70. We have been practicing, but there are only four sisternaries in our zone and none of us know how to sing. Plus we are singing partly in English and I am the only gringa! I am praying that the spirit will be strong and convey the message because I am not so sure that our voices will hahaha. No, it should be fun. We are looking forward to it. 

We talked with the bishop and it looks like we can skype at 7:30 Chilean time which I think is 4:30 AZ time. Check on that to be sure please. I think I remember my skype information so I should be able to connect, but if not keep your email open and also facebook. Our mamita was saying that there is a way to sign into facebook and use skype from there if we remember that password. Ill shot you email if I have any problems connecting. 

I love you guys! Good luck with the end of the semester. Ill virtually see you in a week!!

Hermana Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment