Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I Love To See The Temple

Hey everyone. This letter is going to be short because today is my companion's birthday and we are running late on everything hahaha. Today we started out by going to Bahia Inglesa on bikes. It was a great idea, but I think I am going to be walking wrong for the next week seeing as the seat was so dang hard. Plus the gears didnt work, so it made the trip a bit more difficult. Luckily, Bahia Inglesa is just five kilometers away from Caldera, so not too much suffering hahah. I think I sent pictures last time we went to Bahia Inglesa. Its the beach with white sand and blue water where I found a little baby crab:) I will attach more photos too.
 
This week we had a lot of fun doing lots of service. One of our investigators, M, returned from a trip to Santiago and had bought a ton of American clothing to sell in the ferria here. We spent like 5 hours ironing and ironing away all the clothes, so that they would look good for the ferria. On Saturday,  we decided to  publicize our free English classes again in the ferria with her. Luckily there was an open spot in front of her clothes stand. Again we had to yell "Free English Classes, Learn English for Free!" We had a lot of success though and handed out over 200 pass a long cards and some pamphlets. It was awesome. 
  
This week the branch also made a quick trip to the temple. Obviously, I wasnt able to go being a missionary, but I got to see lots of people make a lot of preparations and sacrifices so that they could spend just a few hours in the temple. It is about a 9 hour bus ride from here to Santiago and they only spent one day there. However, the experiences that they had were amazing. Sacrament meeting on Sunday was dedicated to testimonies of the people who were able to go. They had such a great spirit. I was thinking about how many temples are in a 9 hour reach from our house. We have Mesa, Gilbert, Staffard, Snowflake, soon Phoenix and Tucson, and I think St. George Utah too. Plus there maybe one in Mexico or something close. Either way we are surrounded by temples, the closest being 5 five minutes away.  I hope that we can dedicate as much effort in going to the temple as these members did this week. They'll recieved such great blessings. I cant wait until I will be able to enter the temple again after the mission!
 
Bueno, I have many things to write but we already have to be going to our next birthday celebration and lesson. We have a great new investigoator from Colombia. His name is L and his wife M. They are both really great! This week we are going to have a lot of success, I just know it.
 
Have an awesome week. I loved the photos from Tawny's shower. It looked so cute!  I hope everything goes well with dance, and room mom! Love you all!
 
Hna. Biggs





No comments:

Post a Comment