Sunday, November 16, 2014

Warning! Heavy Traffic: llamas, alpacas, goats, and sheep

Summer is coming in full swing here and although its still not terribly hot, the sun stings. My poor new companion has a super red neck and scalp! Its super sad. Oh by the way, I am training Hna. Crum! She is from Mesa, Az and went to MVT too. She graduated in 2013 and should know Tanner and knows Bailee as well. Her first name is Jenna (Jenavieve) so maybe Bailee can remember. It's super funny to be able to talk about the same streets and places and everything. However, I have realized all of things that I dont know have happened. She knowa a  ton of new music and events and I am just like " yeah I guess I have been here for a while". Ive gotten into my own little Chilean world, and I forgot that the other world exists I guess. Hahaha I suppose I will be in for a rude awaking in a bit. 

The work is still progressing here. We found two new investigators and they both seem super great. We are doing a lot of praying and trying to work efficiently so we can have great success. J seems to be moving in reverse. We went to visit her on Saturday, but she wasnt home. Her grandma told us to come back the next day and said she wanted to go to church with her on Sunday. Well, the next day we returned and about 30 seconds after we walked in, J came stumbling in completely drunk. It was really sad to see. I dont know her that well, but I can imagine she is going through some pretty rough stuff right now. Her grandmother has become very receptive and opened up to us about J and her family life. It is extremely sad and somewhat frightening. Hna. Crum and I were praying about what may be helpful to teach not only J, but also her family, and I remembered a talk that one of the Santiago mission presidents gave to us during my time at the MTC. He talked about the powers of the atonement. He classified them as the Redeeming power, the Strengthening power, and the Healing power. The redeeming power helps us to overcome our sins when we take actions that separate us from Heavenly Father. The strengthening power of the atonement is when lack of knowledge, conversion, pride and other things like that seperate us from God. Finally, he talked about the healing power of the atonement that helps us overcome the things that happen to us that may separate us from God, but that we arent necessarily responsible for having happened, such as abuse. We need the three powers in different moments of our lives, and Hna Crum and I feel like that may be a message that J and her family could need to progress a little bit more and fully trust in God and Jesus Christ. We have an appointment on Tuesday and are praying to have a lot of Holy Ghost help!

I love you guys and hope that you have an awesome week. try to relax with those days off. Take care!

Hna Biggs

Meeting hijita in Antofagasta!


Today we went to San Pedro de Atacama and visted this awesome Laguna! Water in the driest desert in the world!

San Pedro is the little town of green behind me!

Got stuck in traffic behind this herd of llamas, alpacas, goats, and sheep!

No comments:

Post a Comment