Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Ways to Save




So last school year ( when I was at NAU) I stated that I would embark on showing ways to save while in college. I think I posted once and then left the blogging world for several months. However, I am trying to be more dedicated to it now and am even aiming to post at least once of week.

With that goal in mind, I am constantly looking for something to write about. Currently, not much is happening: class, reading, dinner, church, reading,  studying, movie watching, and of course more reading! So until I add some spontaneity to my schedule,  I am going to try to restart the thread on saving.

So this week, I found a great way to save. I have been going out to dinner quite a bit these past few nights, and on the occasions that I do actually have to pay, cheap is sweet. Tonight I went with some friends to La Fonda's Mexican restaurant, and as you might have guessed, it was Taco Tuesday! Five types of tacos (chicken, beef, carnita, asada, and mashed potato) were one dollar each. Plus, La Fonda offers Sopaipillas for only .65 cents! It can best be compared to heaven. Cheap and delicious. The only issue I see is its location, too far to walk. Luckily, I have some friends with benefits (car benefits that is), so I was able to go.

The restaurant and food was great and I was glad to be out exploring Flagstaff again.  If you are looking for ways to save in college be sure to check out local restaurants and see if they have any deals going on certain days or even discounts for students.

No comments:

Post a Comment