Tuesday, October 21, 2014

The Book Of Mormon Is True

My companion and I are doing well. It took some time for her to get comfortable because I think her past companion might have been a little interesting, but I just tried getting to know her and talking about her interests and life and I think she has become a little more loving and open.  

We didnt end up having the baptism on Saturday; it is now rescheduled for November, but we will see what happens. To be honest J has some strong struggles but a really stubborn attitude. We were trying to focus this week on how Heavenly Father has the power to do anything if we trust and put faith in Him. We asked her to share her testimony with us, and she has made some big changes. It is really interesting working with her, but we have faith that she will keep progressing and hopefully apply the gospel to her life. 

This week we had so much going on. On Tuesday we had interviews with President Dalton. On Wednesday night and all of Thursday we went to Tocapilla to do my companion´s visa. We finally got back and could have some regular days for the weekend, but it was crazy. Tocapilla is a little city about three hours from Calama on the coast. It was so beautiful! I loved it. Unfortunately we spent a grand part of the day at Immigration and the FBI, but it was still fun. 

We met a new investigator who works at a little shop in our sector. Her name is "C" and she seems really sweet. Her scheldule is really busy with work, but she is anxious to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. We are really trying to stress to all of our investigators the need to read and pray in order to gain the first parts of a lasting testimony. I love teaching about the Book of Mormon and presenting it to people. The reacctions to additional scriptures are normally pretty mixed, but we can always reason that God loves all of His children and communicates with all of them. I know that the strongest part of my testimony, the part that will and does get me through any doubt is the answer that I recieved when I asked if the Book of Mormon was true in 2011. I cant deny the answer that I recieved and for that I know that the church is really the true church of Jesus Christ on the earth today. 

In Preach my Gospel, it says that whatever person, member or not, can read and pray about the Book of Mormon and receive an answer to that prayer. We are asking all of the members and less actives (and investigators) to put that statement to the test! I know that they can receive answers. 

Today for P-day we went to Chuquicamata which is a huge cooper mine about a half an hour from Calama. It was a ton of fun and I have awesome pictures, but I forgot to bring my card reader so you'll have to wait til next week, sorry. 

I love you guys and hope you have a great week

Hna. Biggs

No comments:

Post a Comment