Thursday, August 11, 2011

GETTING TO GERMANY!

How many eighteen year olds have the opportunity to go to Germany? Not many. I am so excited to be able to visit this wonderful country. My New Year's Resolution for 2011 was to get my first stamp on my passport. Never did I imagine my goal taking me to Germany, but here I am. My great friend Kathy, is a lady I help about once a week with chores around the house. She knew I was wanting to go aboard and immediately took it upon herself to help me go. I am so lucky to have her. In the end of our searching for a location to travel, we concluded that I would accompany her to Germany. She had lived in Germany for five years and has many friends that she was already planning on visiting this year. I was delighted. We prepared several months in advance, so I have been long looking forward to the actual trip. For about five days I will be staying in Heidelberg with Kathy and two of her closest friends. Then I will travel to Aachen and nanny three young girls for two and a half weeks. I will hopefully see two parks of Germany. First the vacation, relaxtion part as I have been informed that the friends are very likely to pamper me. Then I will get the full experience of living in Germany and getting around on my own as I travel to Aachen alone. This is going to be GREAT!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment